/ Credits / Gigs / Songs
Reviews and News - April 20, 2013
Note from Nina:
The Waddy Wachtel Band was blazing HOT last night 4/20/13 at The Joint in Los Angeles. The club had to turn up the a/c to cool all of us off - we were on fire listening, moving and clapping with the amazing WWB! And we'll get another WWB gig this Friday 4/26/13 at The Joint. Details are below my review and set lists.
The band surprised us by opening the first set with a tune they hadn't done for us before - Led Zeppelin's "The Ocean." Perfect! We were all like an ocean moving and swaying together and delighting in Jamie Savko's lead vocals and a great performance by Waddy Wachtel, Al Ortiz, Jimmy Paxson and Ron Dziubla.
Then we really needed more a/c for AC/DC! Jamie took center stage again and showed his vocal talents while Waddy, Al and Ron chimed in with superb vocal harmonies.
Bernard Fowler took a break from rehearsals with The Rolling Stones to come join us again and show he ain't just a background singer. When Bernard sings lead vocals, we all love it! Along with many other great songs, he performed one of my favorites: "She's So Cold." Everyone sings COOOOOLD. But there was nothing cold about that song. Bernard and the band break into a reggae bit in the middle that's fantastic.
Keith Allison brought a different flavor to the mix when he sang the Beatles "Run For Your Life." No one was running away! Keith keeps us all riveted in place smiling along with him.
Waddy Wachtel had a very busy week rehearsing and performing at the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame induction ceremony Thursday night, but that didn't keep him from setting fire to his guitar strings and blasting through amazing solos for us. Waddy is a total pro - always 1000% - there's no other way for him! I was watching him bending those strings and always getting it perfect. Mesmerizing!
Al Ortiz and Jimmy Paxson joined WWB again to sit in on bass and drums for Rick Rosas and Phil Jones who were on tour. Al and Jimmy play in Stevie Nicks' band with Waddy, and they really get into rockin' with WWB. Great musicians! And Al showed he has a voice too - beautiful harmony vocals!
Ron Dziubla has been a great addition to these WWB gigs. He's multi-talented. Saxophone, flute, guitar, harmony vocals? Yup!
You can check out the 2 set lists below to see what great tunes we were treated to. All wonderful!
Darryl Jones popped in after rehearsals with The Stones to thrill everyone playing bass on "Live With Me" in the second set. That was a sweeeet treat. He wailed! Nice!
A couple of other notes about the second set......
"Immigrant Song" (Led Zeppelin). Jamie gives spine tingles with his vocals. Waddy kills everyone with his exceptional guitar solos. Only 4 guys on stage - Waddy, Jamie, Al and Jimmy. That was like a wall of sound!
"Sin City" (AC/DC). Bernard always gets everyone happy with that song. Sure, we'll go with you! And he did his bar-walk to end the night. Walking down the bar with the mic and singing to all! Perfect ending to a perfect rockin' night!
On all songs:
Waddy Wachtel - Lead Guitar
Al Ortiz - Bass (except "Live With Me)
Jimmy Paxson - Drums
1. "The Ocean" (Led Zeppelin) Jamie Savko lead vocals; Al Ortiz harmony vocals; Ron Dziubla harmony vocals and rhythm guitar
2. "Problem Child" (AC/DC) Jamie lead vocals; Waddy Wachtel harmony vocals; Al harmony vocals; Ron harmony vocals and rhythm guitar
3. "Bitch" (The Rolling Stones) Jamie lead vocals; Waddy harmony vocals; Ron saxophone
4. "Vasoline" (Stone Temple Pilots) Bernard Fowler lead vocals; Jamie harmony vocals
5. "Jail Break" (Thin Lizzy) Bernard lead vocals; Waddy harmony vocals; Al harmony vocals; Ron rhythm guitar
6. "She's So Cold" (The Rolling Stones) Bernard lead vocals; Waddy harmony vocals
7. "Run For Your Life" (The Beatles) Keith Allison lead vocals and guitar; Jamie harmony vocals
8. "The Shape I'm In” (The Band) Keith lead vocals and guitar; Waddy and Jamie harmony vocals; Ron saxophone
9. "Lawyers Guns and Money" (Warren Zevon) Waddy lead vocals
10. "Down Payment Blues" (AC/DC) Bernard lead vocals
1. “I Can See For Miles” (The Who) Jamie lead vocals; Waddy harmony vocals; Al harmony vocals; Ron rhythm guitar
2. "Highway To Hell" (AC/DC) Jamie lead vocals; Waddy harmony vocals; Ron rhythm guitar
3. “Live With Me” (The Rolling Stones) Bernard lead vocals; Jamie harmony vocals; Ron saxophone; Darryl Jones bass
4. "Suffragette City" (David Bowie) Bernard lead vocals; Jamie harmony vocals; Ron saxophone
5. "Immigrant Song" (Led Zeppelin) Jamie lead vocals
6. “Ruby Tuesday” (The Rolling Stones) Jamie and Waddy lead harmony vocals; Al harmony vocals; Ron flute
7. "Poor Poor Pitiful Me" (Warren Zevon) Keith lead vocals; Waddy slide guitar
8. “Heroes" (David Bowie) Bernard lead vocals; Waddy harmony vocals; Ron saxophone
9. “Honky Tonk Women" (The Rolling Stones) Jamie lead vocals; Waddy harmony vocals; Ron saxophone
10. "Sin City" (AC/DC) Bernard lead vocals
Thanks to all of you who came and shared in this magnificent experience. All the guys in WWB say: "We love you rockers!"
And thanks to John Philbrick, Charlie McIntosh and Mark Nathanson for their much appreciated behind-the-scenes assistance.
Of course also thanks to the wonderful Ondrea, Fernando, Andy, bar staff and security dudes for being there and giving us a beautiful Joint.
Here's the info for the next gig this Friday:
Waddy Wachtel Band
Friday, April 26, 2013
at The Joint 8771 W. Pico Blvd., Los Angeles, CA 90035
Waddy Wachtel - Lead Guitar, Vocals
Rick Rosas - Bass
Phil Jones - Drums
Bernard Fowler - Vocals
Jamie Savko - Vocals
Blondie Chaplin - Vocals, Guitar
Keith Allison - Vocals, Guitar
Ron Dziubla - Saxophone, Guitar
First Set - about 10:00PM
Second Set - about 11:30PM
Admission - still only $10.00
See you there!!!!!!!
Videos from 4/20/13 (by Willard Snow).......
"Live With Me"
Photo by Robert Bruns.......
Waddy Wachtel, Bernard Fowler, Jamie Savko, Darryl Jones
| WWB May 2008 | WWB April 2008 | WWB March 2008 | WWB February 2008 | WWB January 2008 | WWB December 2007 | WWB November 2007 | WWB October 2007 | WWB September 2007 | WWB August 2007 | WWB July 2007 | WWB June 2007 | WWB May 2007 | WWB April 2007 | WWB January 2007 | WWB 2006 | WWB July 2008 | WWB August 2008 | WWB September 2008 | WWB November 2008 | WWB December 2008 | WWB January 2009 | WWB February 2009 | WWB March 2009 | WWB April 2009 | WWB June 2009 | WWB July 2009 | WWB August 2009 | WWB November 2009 | WWB December 2009 | WWB Guests | WWB January 2010 | WWB February 2010 | WWB March 2010 | WWB April 2010 | WWB May 2010 | WWB June 2010 | WWB February 2007 | WWB March 2007 | WWB July 2010 | WWB September 2010 | WWB October 2010 | WWB November 2010 | WWB December 2010 | WWB January 2011 | WWB February 2011 | WWB June 2011 | WWB July 2011 | WWB September 2011 | WWB October 2011 | WWB January 2012 | WWB February 2012 | WWB March 2012 | WWB May 2012 | WWB May 2012 2 | WWB June 2012 | WWB August 2012 | WWBOctober2012 | WWB November 2012 | WWBDecember2012 | WWBJanuary2013 | WWBFebruary2013 | WWBApril2013 | WWBApril26-2013 | WWBJune222013 | WWB August24 2013 | WWB October11 2013 | WWB November16 2013 | WWBNovember302013 | WWBDecember212013 | WWBJanuary252014 | WWBMarch292014 | WWBAugust22014 | WWBSeptember192014 | WWBJanuary102015 |
| Special Guests Page 1 | Waddy Wachtel Band Reviews and News | About the Waddy Wachtel Band | Waddy Wachtel Band Videos | Brett Tuggle | Keith Allison | Waddy Wachtel Band Posters 2009 | Waddy Wachtel Band Posters 2010 | Waddy Wachtel Band Posters 2011 | Waddy Wachtel Band Posters 2012 | Waddy Wachtel Band Posters 2013 | Waddy Wachtel Band Posters 2014 |
| Return Home | Discography / Credits / Gigs / Songs | Articles / Interviews | Photos / Videos | Contact | Waddy Wachtel Band | Search | Mailing List |