/ Credits / Gigs / Songs
Reviews and News - August 2012
Note from Nina:
It cooled down a bit here in Los Angeles Saturday night, which was refreshing, but not as refreshing as we all felt to be back at The Joint getting heated up by the Waddy Wachtel Band. They were burnin'!!!!!! Like everyone says: "This is the best rock 'n' roll show around!" Lucky us for sure.
The Joint was filled to capacity with a bunch of greedy happy rock 'n' rollers when Waddy Wachtel, Phil Jones, Rick Rosas, Brett Tuggle and Jamie Savko turned it up for their first song of the night "Substitute." What power! Jamie wailed on lead vocals, with Waddy setting fire to all of us with those incredible guitar solos.
Waddy then introduced the band to thunderous applause from all for each of those talented dudes. He then gave a warm toast to one of our very special regular WWBers, Gene Wilcox, who passed away in June. We miss Gene, a very sweet guy who'd been coming up from San Diego to see WWB for 12 years.
Bernard Fowler then took the stage for lead vocals on "Jumpin' Jack Flash." That's right - he got us all jumpin'! If anyone can do justice to Rolling Stones songs, it's Bernard. He's been touring with the Stones for years. Another special treat from Bernard was a new song WWB hadn't performed for us before - "Satisfaction." When he sang "I can't get no satisfaction" we all let him know how satisfied we were!
Waddy paid special tribute to his dear friend Warren Zevon and said "We miss you, Z" before thrilling us all with his lead vocals and guitar on "Lawyers, Guns and Money." Warren would be proud. Waddy's energy and blazing performance was a perfect tribute.
The first set ended with Brett delighting everyone with his lead vocals and keyboards on "I Am the Walrus." Waddy, Phil and Rick kill on that song too. People who hear WWB do that song always say it's taken The Beatles to new levels. Yup!
WWB started the second set with Jamie giving spine tingling lead vocals on "Won't Get Fooled Again." Crystal clear sustained vocals always by Jamie, making all of us and the band members go "WOW!"
By the time Keith Allison came on stage for the second set to sing another great Zevon song "Poor Poor Pitiful Me" it was his birthday. We said "Happy Birthday, Keith!" That man will never stop rockin'. And it's so great he's been sharing his incredible talent with us and WWB.
I have to mention another wonderful song Waddy sang lead vocals on "Live With Me." Waddy not only plays burnin' guitar and all those fantastic guitar solos he's known for, but he really lets out all the stops when he's doing these WWB gigs. And we're so lucky to hear his great lead and harmony vocals at these gigs too!
Bernard ended the night with the reminder to "Keep Rockin' in the Free World." The band didn't let up one iota - they rocked us all through the night - and we'll all be waiting to find out when we can get together with them again. I'll let you know as soon as the next gig is confirmed.
Waddy Wachtel - Lead Guitar
Phil Jones - Drums
Rick Rosas - Bass
1. “Substitute” (The Who) Jamie Savko lead vocals; Waddy Wachtel harmony vocals; Brett Tuggle guitar and harmony vocals
2. "Jumpin' Jack Flash" (The Rolling Stones) Bernard Fowler lead vocals; Waddy harmony vocals; Brett guitar
3. “Misty Mountain Hop” (Led Zeppelin) Jamie lead vocals; Brett keyboards and harmony vocals
4. "Satisfaction" (The Rolling Stones) Bernard lead vocals; Waddy harmony vocals; Brett guitar and harmony vocals
5. "I Can't Let Go" (The Hollies) Bernard lead vocals; Waddy and Jamie harmony vocals; Brett guitar and harmony vocals
6. "Problem Child" (AC/DC) Jamie lead vocals; Waddy harmony vocals; Brett guitar and harmony vocals
7. "The Shape I'm In” (The Band) Keith Allison lead vocals and guitar; Waddy and Jamie harmony vocals; Brett keyboards and harmony vocals
8. "Pump It Up" (Elvis Costello) Keith lead vocals and guitar; Waddy harmony vocals; Brett keyboards
9. "Lawyers Guns and Money" (Warren Zevon) Waddy lead vocals; Brett guitar
10. “I Am The Walrus” (The Beatles) Brett lead vocals and keyboards; Waddy harmony vocals
1. “Won’t Get Fooled Again” (The Who) Jamie lead vocals; Brett keyboards and harmony vocals
2. "She's So Cold" (The Rolling Stones) Bernard lead vocals; Waddy harmony vocals; Brett guitar
3. “Heroes" (David Bowie) Bernard lead vocals; Waddy harmony vocals; Brett keyboards
4. "Immigrant Song" (Led Zeppelin) Jamie lead vocals; Brett guitar
5. “Ruby Tuesday” (The Rolling Stones) Jamie lead vocals; Waddy harmony vocals; Brett keyboards and harmony vocals
6. “Itchycoo Park” (Small Faces) Jamie lead vocals; Waddy harmony vocals; Brett keyboards and harmony vocals
7. “Poor Poor Pitiful Me" (Warren Zevon) Keith lead vocals and guitar; Waddy harmony vocals and slide guitar; Brett harmony vocals
8. “Live With Me” (The Rolling Stones) Waddy lead vocals; Jamie harmony vocals; Brett keyboards and harmony vocals
9. “Love Hungry Man” (AC/DC) Jamie lead vocals; Waddy harmony vocals; Brett guitar and harmony vocals
10. "Rockin' In the Free World" (Neil Young) Bernard lead vocals; Waddy and Jamie harmony vocals; Brett guitar
Thank you all for coming and bringing so many smiles and so much energy. As Waddy says: "We can't do it without you! Keep rockin'!"
Special thanks also to John Philbrick, Charlie Wood (who had his 50th birthday Saturday), Charlie McIntosh, Anna, Ondrea, Fernando, and all the wonderful folks at The Joint for making these gigs run so smoothly for everyone.
"Jumpin' Jack Flash"
Bernard Fowler - Lead Vocals
Waddy Wachtel - Lead Guitar and Harmony Vocals
Brett Tuggle - Guitar
Rick Rosas - Bass
Phil Jones - Drums
Video by Emily Aguilar
| WWB May 2008 | WWB April 2008 | WWB March 2008 | WWB February 2008 | WWB January 2008 | WWB December 2007 | WWB November 2007 | WWB October 2007 | WWB September 2007 | WWB August 2007 | WWB July 2007 | WWB June 2007 | WWB May 2007 | WWB April 2007 | WWB January 2007 | WWB 2006 | WWB July 2008 | WWB August 2008 | WWB September 2008 | WWB November 2008 | WWB December 2008 | WWB January 2009 | WWB February 2009 | WWB March 2009 | WWB April 2009 | WWB June 2009 | WWB July 2009 | WWB August 2009 | WWB November 2009 | WWB December 2009 | WWB Guests | WWB January 2010 | WWB February 2010 | WWB March 2010 | WWB April 2010 | WWB May 2010 | WWB June 2010 | WWB February 2007 | WWB March 2007 | WWB July 2010 | WWB September 2010 | WWB October 2010 | WWB November 2010 | WWB December 2010 | WWB January 2011 | WWB February 2011 | WWB June 2011 | WWB July 2011 | WWB September 2011 | WWB October 2011 | WWB January 2012 | WWB February 2012 | WWB March 2012 | WWB May 2012 | WWB May 2012 2 | WWB June 2012 | WWB August 2012 | WWBOctober2012 | WWB November 2012 | WWBDecember2012 | WWBJanuary2013 | WWBFebruary2013 | WWBApril2013 | WWBApril26-2013 | WWBJune222013 | WWB August24 2013 | WWB October11 2013 | WWB November16 2013 | WWBNovember302013 | WWBDecember212013 | WWBJanuary252014 | WWBMarch292014 | WWBAugust22014 | WWBSeptember192014 | WWBJanuary102015 |
| Special Guests Page 1 | Waddy Wachtel Band Reviews and News | About the Waddy Wachtel Band | Waddy Wachtel Band Videos | Brett Tuggle | Keith Allison | Waddy Wachtel Band Posters 2009 | Waddy Wachtel Band Posters 2010 | Waddy Wachtel Band Posters 2011 | Waddy Wachtel Band Posters 2012 | Waddy Wachtel Band Posters 2013 | Waddy Wachtel Band Posters 2014 |
| Return Home | Discography / Credits / Gigs / Songs | Articles / Interviews | Photos / Videos | Contact | Waddy Wachtel Band | Search | Mailing List |