/ Credits / Gigs / Songs
Reviews and News - February 2011
First....... A note from Waddy Wachtel about having to cancel the WWB gig on 2/25/11:
"to all my dear rock and rollers,
i am so sorry that after i was able to announce that we would be doing one more show before i get underway with our wonderful stevie nicks, i was informed by the joint that they made a terrible mistake and double booked that friday the 25th... apparently they already had committed to booking another band that night and thought they could cancel them.....i totally am not one to steal anyone's gig ...so i agreed with them that their original band should have the night......i was so hoping to be able to see all of you and give u one more show before my leave of absence begins, but we will be back here in late april and nina will give everyone a huge headsup when we will be appearing..
until then, i can't thank you all enough for making this rock and roller's dreams live every time we strike it up at the joint...your support is more than one could wish for..... now all you guys and girls keep rockin' ......i promise you that we will!!!!"
so from rick, phil, brett, jamie and myself.....
turn it up and be nice to each other!!!!
all the love
Note from Nina:
Some highlights from the Waddy Wachtel Band gig on 2/18/11 at The Joint in Los Angeles........
We had a great crowd of rockers. A little bit of rain in L.A. didn’t stop us from going to get rocked up by our favorite band. The “Storm Watch” fizzled out, and the skies cleared up. No fizzling out for WWB.... Both of their sets were burnin’ hot! Excellent playing and singing all night. That’s why we all keep coming back for MORE!!!!
WWB added a new tune to the first set: “Itchycoo Park” by Small Faces. Wow..... They really rocked it! Add the power of WWB to a great tune like that, and you get ELECTRIFIED!!! “It’s all so beautiful” - and it was! Waddy said that tune had been running through his head all week. He’d been in the studio working on a new Michael Grimm album recently with Ian McLagan, and then the maestro’s mind gave us this great new one. And Brett Tuggle did a great job on playing Ian’s keyboard parts.
It’s hard to not go through each tune and tell you how wonderful they all were, but I know words can’t possibly give you the same glow as the music. Here are a few.......
“Eight Miles High” - You might think of that tune the way the Byrds recorded it - which was great - but WWB takes it to a new level. Waddy’s fingers on his guitar solos are like lightning and the sounds he gets make everyone go “WOW!!!” Waddy’s and Jamie’s fluid vocal harmonies, with Rick’s incredible bass riffs, Phil’s masterful drumming and Brett’s insistent rhythm guitar........ You bet we were all Eight Miles High!
Warren Zevon’s tunes are always so wonderful to hear. Waddy brought “Finishing Touches” to our appreciative ears, and Keith always thrills us with “Poor Poor Pitiful Me.” Waddy always says “We miss you, Zev.”
When Keith Allison sang “C’mon Everybody” Waddy said: “No one can sing Eddie Cochran like Keith.” So true!
Brett Tuggle - being a great performer in so many ways - got everyone in the mood singing those Beatles tunes. Slow dancin’ to “Oh, Darling” then in a wild frenzy with “I Am the Walrus.”
Jamie Savko gave everyone goose bumps when he sang AC/DC’s “Love Hungry Man.” What magnetism! And what a crystal clear voice! I’m just sayin’....... Bon Scott would be delighted too!
Here’s the set list and some photos.
1. “Start Me Up” (The Rolling Stones) Jamie Savko lead vocals; Waddy Wachtel and Brett Tuggle harmony vocals; Brett rhythm guitar
2. "Girl's Got Rhythm" (AC/DC) Jamie lead vocals; Waddy and Brett harmony vocals; Brett rhythm guitar
3. “Till The End Of The Day” (The Kinks) Brett lead vocals and rhythm guitar; Waddy harmony vocals
4. “Live With Me” (The Rolling Stones) Waddy lead vocals; Jamie harmony vocals; Brett keyboards
5. “Itchycoo Park” (Small Faces) Jamie lead vocals; Waddy and Brett harmony vocals; Brett keyboards
6. “Poor Poor Pitiful Me" (Warren Zevon) Keith Allison lead vocals and rhythm guitar; Waddy harmony vocals and slide guitar
7. “Just Like Me” (Paul Revere and the Raiders) Keith lead vocals and rhythm guitar
8. “Finishing Touches” (Warren Zevon) Waddy lead vocals; Jamie background vocals; Brett keyboards
9. “Substitute” (The Who) Jamie lead vocals; Waddy and Brett harmony vocals; Brett rhythm guitar
10. “I Am The Walrus” (The Beatles) Brett lead vocals and keyboards; Waddy background vocals
1. “Won’t Get Fooled Again” (The Who) Jamie lead vocals; Brett keyboards
2. “Ruby Tuesday” (The Rolling Stones) Jamie lead vocals; Waddy harmony vocals, Brett keyboards and harmony vocals
3. "Lawyers Guns and Money" (Warren Zevon) Waddy lead vocals; Brett rhythm guitar
4. “Dog Eat Dog” (AC/DC) Jamie lead vocals; Waddy and Brett harmony vocals; Brett rhythm guitar
5. “Oh Darling” (The Beatles) Brett lead vocals and keyboards; Waddy background vocals
6. "C'Mon Everybody" (Eddie Cochran) Keith lead vocals and rhythm guitar; Waddy and Brett harmony vocals; Brett keyboards
7. "Eight Miles High" (The Byrds) Waddy and Jamie harmony vocals; Brett rhythm guitar
8. “Love Hungry Man” (AC/DC) Jamie lead vocals; Waddy and Brett background vocals; Brett rhythm guitar
9. “Honky Tonk Women" (The Rolling Stones) Jamie lead vocals; Waddy harmony vocals; Brett keyboards and harmony vocals
10. "Sin City" (AC/DC) Jamie lead vocals; Brett rhythm guitar
| WWB May 2008 | WWB April 2008 | WWB March 2008 | WWB February 2008 | WWB January 2008 | WWB December 2007 | WWB November 2007 | WWB October 2007 | WWB September 2007 | WWB August 2007 | WWB July 2007 | WWB June 2007 | WWB May 2007 | WWB April 2007 | WWB January 2007 | WWB 2006 | WWB July 2008 | WWB August 2008 | WWB September 2008 | WWB November 2008 | WWB December 2008 | WWB January 2009 | WWB February 2009 | WWB March 2009 | WWB April 2009 | WWB June 2009 | WWB July 2009 | WWB August 2009 | WWB November 2009 | WWB December 2009 | WWB Guests | WWB January 2010 | WWB February 2010 | WWB March 2010 | WWB April 2010 | WWB May 2010 | WWB June 2010 | WWB February 2007 | WWB March 2007 | WWB July 2010 | WWB September 2010 | WWB October 2010 | WWB November 2010 | WWB December 2010 | WWB January 2011 | WWB February 2011 | WWB June 2011 | WWB July 2011 | WWB September 2011 | WWB October 2011 | WWB January 2012 | WWB February 2012 | WWB March 2012 | WWB May 2012 | WWB May 2012 2 | WWB June 2012 | WWB August 2012 | WWBOctober2012 | WWB November 2012 | WWBDecember2012 | WWBJanuary2013 | WWBFebruary2013 | WWBApril2013 | WWBApril26-2013 | WWBJune222013 | WWB August24 2013 | WWB October11 2013 | WWB November16 2013 | WWBNovember302013 | WWBDecember212013 | WWBJanuary252014 | WWBMarch292014 | WWBAugust22014 | WWBSeptember192014 | WWBJanuary102015 |
| Special Guests Page 1 | Waddy Wachtel Band Reviews and News | About the Waddy Wachtel Band | Waddy Wachtel Band Videos | Brett Tuggle | Keith Allison | Waddy Wachtel Band Posters 2009 | Waddy Wachtel Band Posters 2010 | Waddy Wachtel Band Posters 2011 | Waddy Wachtel Band Posters 2012 | Waddy Wachtel Band Posters 2013 | Waddy Wachtel Band Posters 2014 |
| Return Home | Discography / Credits / Gigs / Songs | Articles / Interviews | Photos / Videos | Contact | Waddy Wachtel Band | Search | Mailing List |