/ Credits / Gigs / Songs
Reviews and News - January 2011
(For the review and photos from 1/28/11 Click here)
Note from Nina:
As you all probably know........ We definitely Rocked in the New Year with the Waddy Wachtel Band at The Joint Friday night January 7, 2011. Oh yess!!!!!! Burnin’ hot WWB was all night - for 2 nice long sets. Everybody is liking these new Friday night gigs. We get more music, and more people can come have fun! Sooooo.......
The next Waddy Wachtel Band gig will be:
Friday, January 28, 2011
at The Joint, Los Angeles
I’ll send more info later, but mark that date on your calendar NOW!
You want a recap of how much fun we all had - band and audience alike - Rockin’ it up on January 7th...... hmmmm? Okay!
When WWB started off the night with their first tune “Start Me Up” - they started a fire going that kept getting hotter and hotter. They all were having so much fun, so happy to be back with us, lots of smiles, and the promise of what we always get with WWB....... GREAT Rock ‘n’ Roll!!!
Waddy Wachtel - the masterful maestro, exquisite guitarist and superb vocalist - not only played killer guitar solos and rocked the roof off with his lead vocals on “Finishing Touches”, but also moved around that stage like an acrobat. When people say: Waddy IS Rock ‘n’ Roll..... It’s true! Wonderful Waddy!
Phil Jones and Rick Rosas were back on stage with the band, providing those wonderful rhythms that have kept us dancing for all these years. So cool to have them back again. Phil and Rick Rock! And...... Waddy reminded us that Rick Rosas played with Neil Young - doing a great job on “Rockin’ in the Free World” - with Neil and with WWB.
Brett Tuggle displayed his many talents on guitar and keyboards - and he’s a great singer too. We love his “I Am the Walrus” and the way he wails through “Till the End of the Day,” then he surprises us with smooth vocals on “Oh Darling.” Darling Brett!
Bernard Fowler was very happy to be back after his European gigs, and put 100% - as always - into his performance. What an incredible singer! He also delighted everyone by walking down the bar during “Sin City.” When Bernard sings “Wild Horses,” it’s like the song was written for him. Breathtaking Bernard!
Jamie Savko is always ready to jump on that stage and slay us with his amazing vocals - both leads and harmonies. Jamie is our Bon Scott, Roger Daltrey and Robert Plant - all rolled into one. Just give him a mic, and enjoy!
Keith Allison is such a treasure. He might have been best known for his work with Paul Revere and the Raiders, but when he takes center stage with WWB......... Keith kicks it up REAL good!
Surprise special guest.........
Lukas Nelson popped over after taping his performance on the Tonight Show (aired last night - he was in 2 places at once!) and delighted us with his lead vocals and guitar on 2 songs. What a treat! He’s the son of Willie Nelson. Lukas has his own band (Lukas Nelson and Promise of the Real) and it’s obvious he’s extremely talented. He had no problem at all wailing through those tunes with WWB....... and loving every minute of it. The song he did in the second set “Further On Up the Road” was first recorded by Bobby Blue Bland, and later by Eric Clapton. Everyone loved Lukas!
Check the photos from the gig (below).
1. “Start Me Up” (The Rolling Stones) Jamie Savko lead vocals; Waddy Wachtel and Brett Tuggle harmony vocals; Brett rhythm guitar
2. “Misty Mountain Hop” (Led Zeppelin) Jamie lead vocals; Brett keyboards and harmony vocals
3. “Finishing Touches” (Warren Zevon) Waddy lead vocals; Jamie background vocals; Brett keyboards
4. "What's Next To the Moon" (AC/DC) Brett lead vocals and rhythm guitar; Waddy harmony vocals
5. "You Got Me Rockin'" (Rolling Stones) Bernard Fowler lead vocals; Waddy harmony vocals and slide guitar; Brett harmony vocals and keyboards
6. “Heroes" (David Bowie) Bernard lead vocals; Waddy harmony vocals; Brett keyboards
7. “Tonight’s the Night” (Neil Young) Lukas Nelson lead vocals and guitar; Waddy harmony vocals; Brett keyboards
8. “Only You Know And I Know” (Dave Mason) Keith Allison lead vocals and rhythm guitar; Jamie background vocals; Brett keyboards
9. “The Shape I’m In” (The Band) Keith lead vocals and rhythm guitar; Jamie and Waddy harmony vocals; Brett keyboards
10. “Substitute” (The Who) Jamie lead vocals; Waddy and Brett harmony vocals; Brett rhythm guitar
11. “I Am The Walrus” (The Beatles) Brett lead vocals and keyboards; Waddy background vocals
1. “Rockin’ In The Free World” (Neil Young) Bernard lead vocals; Waddy and Brett harmony vocals; Brett rhythm guitar
2. "Girl's Got Rhythm" (AC/DC) Jamie lead vocals; Waddy and Brett harmony vocals; Brett rhythm guitar
3. “Oh Darling” (The Beatles) Brett lead vocals and keyboards; Waddy background vocals
4. “Love Hungry Man” (AC/DC) Jamie lead vocals; Waddy and Brett background vocals; Brett rhythm guitar
5. “Further On Up the Road” (Robey, Veasey) Lukas lead vocals and guitar; Brett keyboards
6. “Till The End Of The Day” (The Kinks) Brett lead vocals and rhythm guitar; Waddy harmony vocals
7. "C'Mon Everybody" (Eddie Cochran) Keith lead vocals and rhythm guitar; Waddy and Brett harmony vocals; Brett keyboards
8. “Wild Horses” (The Rolling Stones) Bernard lead vocals; Waddy and Jamie harmony vocals; Brett keyboards
9. "Sin City" (AC/DC) Bernard lead vocals; Brett rhythm guitar
10. “Won’t Get Fooled Again” (The Who) Jamie lead vocals; Brett keyboards
Hope to see you on 1/28.
Waddy Wachtel will be performing with Stevie Nicks on the Ellen Degeneres Show 1/13/11. Also on the same show will be Rod Stewart - and Al Ortiz (our delightful WWB sub bass player, and Stevie’s bassist) will be playing bass with both Stevie and Rod. Check your local listings for broadcast time and channel. In Los Angeles it airs at 4PM on NBC (channel 4).
Here are the photos from the 1/7/11 WWB gig. I put them up in the order I took them. Click to enlarge.
| WWB January 2011 2 |
| WWB May 2008 | WWB April 2008 | WWB March 2008 | WWB February 2008 | WWB January 2008 | WWB December 2007 | WWB November 2007 | WWB October 2007 | WWB September 2007 | WWB August 2007 | WWB July 2007 | WWB June 2007 | WWB May 2007 | WWB April 2007 | WWB January 2007 | WWB 2006 | WWB July 2008 | WWB August 2008 | WWB September 2008 | WWB November 2008 | WWB December 2008 | WWB January 2009 | WWB February 2009 | WWB March 2009 | WWB April 2009 | WWB June 2009 | WWB July 2009 | WWB August 2009 | WWB November 2009 | WWB December 2009 | WWB Guests | WWB January 2010 | WWB February 2010 | WWB March 2010 | WWB April 2010 | WWB May 2010 | WWB June 2010 | WWB February 2007 | WWB March 2007 | WWB July 2010 | WWB September 2010 | WWB October 2010 | WWB November 2010 | WWB December 2010 | WWB January 2011 | WWB February 2011 | WWB June 2011 | WWB July 2011 | WWB September 2011 | WWB October 2011 | WWB January 2012 | WWB February 2012 | WWB March 2012 | WWB May 2012 | WWB May 2012 2 | WWB June 2012 | WWB August 2012 | WWBOctober2012 | WWB November 2012 | WWBDecember2012 | WWBJanuary2013 | WWBFebruary2013 | WWBApril2013 | WWBApril26-2013 | WWBJune222013 | WWB August24 2013 | WWB October11 2013 | WWB November16 2013 | WWBNovember302013 | WWBDecember212013 | WWBJanuary252014 | WWBMarch292014 | WWBAugust22014 | WWBSeptember192014 | WWBJanuary102015 |
| Special Guests Page 1 | Waddy Wachtel Band Reviews and News | About the Waddy Wachtel Band | Waddy Wachtel Band Videos | Brett Tuggle | Keith Allison | Waddy Wachtel Band Posters 2009 | Waddy Wachtel Band Posters 2010 | Waddy Wachtel Band Posters 2011 | Waddy Wachtel Band Posters 2012 | Waddy Wachtel Band Posters 2013 | Waddy Wachtel Band Posters 2014 |
| Return Home | Discography / Credits / Gigs / Songs | Articles / Interviews | Photos / Videos | Contact | Waddy Wachtel Band | Search | Mailing List |