/ Credits / Gigs / Songs
Reviews and News - June 2011
Note from Nina:
There were so many of you wonderful rockers at the Waddy Wachtel Band gig Saturday night 6/18/11 at The Joint here in Los Angeles! The band was great, weren't they? I'm still tingling. We sold out the place! Lots of smart folks out there know where to get the BEST Rock 'n' Roll ----- from WWB!!!!
I know what you're all asking, so I'll tell you that first......
Yes, the Waddy Wachtel Band will be performing in July in Los Angeles. 2 gigs!
July 16, Saturday - at The Joint
July 22, Friday - at The Mint
I'll give you more info in a couple of days, but mark those dates on your calendar.
Now...... About our fabulous WWB show on 6/18:
Do you know the line "You had me at hello"? Well, WWB had us at the first note. They blasted right into AC/DC's "Dog Eat Dog" and got everyone Rockin'.
Then Waddy said some tender words about his dear friend and brother Andrew Gold who passed away last week, and who Waddy dedicated the night to. Andrew was a very talented man who left us way too soon. He was only 59. Waddy and Andrew were good friends since 1969, sharing their love of music on many tours and recordings. Andrew also came and sat in with WWB at The Joint on 11/23/09, and Waddy was very upset to lose such a good friend. We were honored by the presence of Andrew's daughters Vanessa, Emily and Victoria as well as his sister Melani Saturday night.
As a tribute, Waddy and the band then played the Beatles song "You Can't Do That." Waddy said Andrew loved the Beatles tunes, and that song was one of his favorites. WWB did a great job, and Andrew would have been smiling. Actually, he would have gotten up on that stage and rocked it with them.
The night kept getting hotter as WWB wailed through the first set. We were all crammed in there getting just what we came for..... The BEST songs by the BEST band. Lucky all of us. True symbiosis.
In addition to the fantastic musicians/performers in the Waddy Wachtel Band - Waddy Wachtel, Phil Jones, Rick Rosas, Brett Tuggle and Jamie Savko - we were treated to great vocals by our regular guests Keith Allison and Blondie Chaplin, who always amaze and delight. What talent in those guys!
During the "short" break we got to listen to a cd Waddy made from a playlist including some Beatles songs, some songs of Andrew's from his album Copy Cat which was his own renditions and arrangements of Beatles songs (and other 70's tunes), and a few recordings of Andrew and Waddy with Linda Ronstadt. Nice!
In the second set, we had a couple more very talented performers and friends join WWB on stage. Pegi Young joined in with vocal harmonies on The Band's "Up On Cripple Creek" and Jason Sinay sang and played guitar on Neil Young's "Like A Hurricane." Thrills for all!
WWB also played a new tune they hadn't done for us before - Procol Harum's "Salty Dog." Killer! Wailed on it!
All in all........ It was a perfect night!
Waddy's vocals and guitar are always true perfection. Makes us tingle for sure!
Phil Jones beating on those drums right in time with our pumping hearts!
Rick Rosas lets his fingers fly over those bass strings. Rumbles and Thunder!
Brett Tuggle makes magic on keyboards and guitar. And his vocals - Yesss!
Jamie Savko shows what a truly versatile and accomplished singer he is!
Warning on the label: WWB is addictive! A great addiction to have.
More thank you's and photos below.
For all songs:
Waddy Wachtel - Lead guitar
Phil Jones - Drums
Rick Rosas - Bass
1. “Dog Eat Dog” (AC/DC) Jamie Savko lead vocals; Waddy Wachtel and Brett Tuggle harmony vocals; Brett rhythm guitar
2. "You Can't Do That" (The Beatles) Brett lead vocals; Waddy and Jamie harmony vocals; Brett rhythm guitar
3. "Eight Miles High" (The Byrds) Waddy and Jamie harmony vocals; Brett rhythm guitar
4. “Itchycoo Park” (Small Faces) Jamie lead vocals; Waddy and Brett harmony vocals; Brett keyboards
5. "Lawyers Guns and Money" (Warren Zevon) Blondie Chaplin lead vocals; Brett rhythm guitar
6. "Parachute Woman" (The Rolling Stones) Keith Allison lead vocals, guitar and harmonica; Brett keyboards
7. “Poor Poor Pitiful Me" (Warren Zevon) Keith lead vocals and rhythm guitar; Waddy harmony vocals and slide guitar; Brett harmony vocals and tambourine
8. "High Maintenance Girlfriend" (Waddy Wachtel) Waddy lead vocals; Brett harmony vocals and rhythm guitar
9. “I Am The Walrus” (The Beatles) Brett lead vocals and keyboards; Waddy background vocals
1. “Won’t Get Fooled Again” (The Who) Jamie lead vocals; Brett keyboards
2. "Salty Dog" (Procol Harum) Jamie lead vocals; Brett keyboards
3. “Misty Mountain Hop” (Led Zeppelin) Jamie lead vocals; Brett keyboards and harmony vocals
4. “Till The End Of The Day” (The Kinks) Brett lead vocals and rhythm guitar; Waddy harmony vocals
5. “A Change Is Gonna Come” (Sam Cooke) Blondie lead vocals and rhythm guitar
6. “Start Me Up” (The Rolling Stones) Jamie lead vocals; Waddy harmony vocals; Brett rhythm guitar and harmony vocals
7. "Up On Cripple Creek" (The Band) Keith lead vocals and rhythm guitar; Waddy and Blondie harmony vocals; Brett keyboards; Pegi Young harmony vocals
8. "Like A Hurricane" (Neil Young) Jason Sinay lead vocals and guitar; Waddy harmony vocals
9. “Substitute” (The Who) Jamie lead vocals; Waddy and Brett harmony vocals; Brett rhythm guitar
10. "Sin City" (AC/DC) Jamie lead vocals; Brett rhythm guitar; Blondie tambourine
- To all you great Rock 'n' Rollers who come to share these fantastic nights with us. Waddy and the guys send their love to all of you. Bring your friends - they'll be thanking you. Nice meeting some of you newbies (we call you WWB virgins) and nice seeing our regulars back for more.
- To John Philbrick and Norm Sancho for setting up the stage and keeping the instruments humming.
- To Mark Nathanson for doing an incredible job on the sound mixing.
- To Anna for greeting everyone at the door and making all feel welcome.
- To Sire, Eddie, Brad, Dawn and all the folks at The Joint for providing such a wonderful atmosphere at the club, pouring our drinks and keep things rolling.
See you in July!!!!!!!!!!
Don't miss those gigs. There will be no WWB gigs in August, as Waddy will be on tour with Stevie Nicks.
Click on any photo to enlarge:
"High Maintenance Girlfriend"
Waddy Wachtel - Guitar, Lead Vocals, Composer
Phil Jones - Drums
Rick Rosas - Bass
Brett Tuggle - Guitar, Harmony Vocals
Video by: Carey Smith
| WWB May 2008 | WWB April 2008 | WWB March 2008 | WWB February 2008 | WWB January 2008 | WWB December 2007 | WWB November 2007 | WWB October 2007 | WWB September 2007 | WWB August 2007 | WWB July 2007 | WWB June 2007 | WWB May 2007 | WWB April 2007 | WWB January 2007 | WWB 2006 | WWB July 2008 | WWB August 2008 | WWB September 2008 | WWB November 2008 | WWB December 2008 | WWB January 2009 | WWB February 2009 | WWB March 2009 | WWB April 2009 | WWB June 2009 | WWB July 2009 | WWB August 2009 | WWB November 2009 | WWB December 2009 | WWB Guests | WWB January 2010 | WWB February 2010 | WWB March 2010 | WWB April 2010 | WWB May 2010 | WWB June 2010 | WWB February 2007 | WWB March 2007 | WWB July 2010 | WWB September 2010 | WWB October 2010 | WWB November 2010 | WWB December 2010 | WWB January 2011 | WWB February 2011 | WWB June 2011 | WWB July 2011 | WWB September 2011 | WWB October 2011 | WWB January 2012 | WWB February 2012 | WWB March 2012 | WWB May 2012 | WWB May 2012 2 | WWB June 2012 | WWB August 2012 | WWBOctober2012 | WWB November 2012 | WWBDecember2012 | WWBJanuary2013 | WWBFebruary2013 | WWBApril2013 | WWBApril26-2013 | WWBJune222013 | WWB August24 2013 | WWB October11 2013 | WWB November16 2013 | WWBNovember302013 | WWBDecember212013 | WWBJanuary252014 | WWBMarch292014 | WWBAugust22014 | WWBSeptember192014 | WWBJanuary102015 |
| Special Guests Page 1 | Waddy Wachtel Band Reviews and News | About the Waddy Wachtel Band | Waddy Wachtel Band Videos | Brett Tuggle | Keith Allison | Waddy Wachtel Band Posters 2009 | Waddy Wachtel Band Posters 2010 | Waddy Wachtel Band Posters 2011 | Waddy Wachtel Band Posters 2012 | Waddy Wachtel Band Posters 2013 | Waddy Wachtel Band Posters 2014 |
| Return Home | Discography / Credits / Gigs / Songs | Articles / Interviews | Photos / Videos | Contact | Waddy Wachtel Band | Search | Mailing List |