/ Credits / Gigs / Songs
Reviews and News - May 2010
Note from Nina:
We were all sooooo happy to be back at The Joint last night May 10, 2010 getting our dose of great loud Rock ‘n’ Roll with the Waddy Wachtel Band. Yessss!!!!! As Waddy said: “It’s been over a month.... too long!” Everyone - WWB rockers and the guys in the band told me they missed our Monday nights.
We won’t have to wait very long for the next WWB gig. Only one week. Yay!
May 17, 2010
Waddy Wachtel Band
10th Anniversary and Waddy’s birthday bash
10 years of these guys together playing in L.A. - first gig May 15, 2000
Waddy’s birthday - May 24
at The Joint
8771 W. Pico Blvd. (1/2 block east of Robertson), Los Angeles, CA 90035
First Set: 10PM sharp
More about last night’s gig.......
If you read my previous note, you know that WWB will be starting their first set promptly at 10PM from now on. It’s taking a little adjusting for us all, but everyone is getting into the earlier start time and a shorter break between sets.
WWB worked up 2 new tunes to delight us - “Don’t Let Me Down” (The Beatles) and “I Can See For Miles” (The Who). Loved it! Everyone was thrilled to hear Brett sing another Beatles tune - and he was thrilled to do it too. That Who tune is very tough for anyone to perform live, but our guys nailed it. Exqusite lead vocals by Jamie and harmonies by Waddy and Brett. Phil showed how fantastic he is by really banging those drums - perfectly.
Waddy’s guitar solos always amaze. Even after hearing his playing on all those records and live gigs with other artists, there’s just nothing like watching and listening to him when he lets loose with WWB - doing what seems so natural for his fingers - moving like lightning, getting such amazing sounds and making you go..... How does he DO that? You gotta be there!
All the guys were in perfect form last night. Happy us, and happy them.
You wanna get happy? Come to a WWB gig. Guaranteed!!!!!
Waddy Wachtel - Lead Guitar, Vocals
Phil Jones - Drums
Rick Rosas - Bass
Jamie Savko - Vocals
Brett Tuggle - Keyboards, Guitar, Vocals
1."Bitch" (The Rolling Stones) Jamie Savko lead vocals; Waddy Wachtel harmony vocals; Brett Tuggle lead guitar
2. “Live Wire” (AC/DC) Jamie lead vocals; Waddy and Brett harmony vocals; Brett rhythm guitar
3. “No Reply” (The Beatles) Brett lead vocals and rhythm guitar; Jamie harmony vocals
4. "Lawyers Guns and Money" (Warren Zevon) Waddy lead vocals and slide guitar; Brett rhythm guitar
5. “Misty Mountain Hop” (Led Zeppelin) Jamie lead vocals; Brett keyboards and harmony vocals
6. “Don’t Let Me Down” (The Beatles) Brett lead vocals and keyboards; Jamie and Waddy harmony vocals
7. “Shot Down in Flames” (AC/DC) - Jamie lead vocals; Brett rhythm guitar
8. “I Can See For Miles” (The Who) Jamie lead vocals; Waddy and Brett harmony vocals; Brett rhythm guitar
1. “I Am The Walrus” (The Beatles) Brett lead vocals and keyboards
2. "Rocks Off" (The Rolling Stones) Jamie lead vocals; Waddy and Brett harmony vocals; Brett rhythm guitar
3. “Till The End Of The Day” (The Kinks) Brett lead vocals and rhythm guitar; Waddy harmony vocals
4. “Ohio” (Neil Young) Jamie lead vocals; Waddy and Brett harmony vocals; Brett rhythm guitar
5. "Girl's Got Rhythm" (AC/DC) Jamie lead vocals; Waddy and Brett harmony vocals; Brett rhythm guitar
6. “Just Like A Woman” (Bob Dylan) Waddy lead vocals; Brett keyboards
7. “Substitute” (The Who) Jamie lead vocals; Waddy and Brett harmony vocals; Brett rhythm guitar
8. “Eight Miles High" (The Byrds) Waddy and Jamie harmony vocals; Brett rhythm guitar
We missed Keith Allison last night. He’s recuperating from back surgery, but I’m glad to say he’s doing fine. Nothing will keep him from getting back to Rockin’! Send love and healing energy.
Okay, you wonderful rock’n’rollers.......
See you on the 17th!!!!!!!!!!!!
Note from Nina:
Happy New Year!!!!!!!
We all had such a great time celebrating the 10th anniversary of the Waddy Wachtel Band delighting all of us with their fantastic rock ‘n’ roll here in Los Angeles at The Joint on Monday night, May 17, 2010...... and looking forward to the 11th year....... that I’ve decided THIS is the best way to bring in the New Year. A New Year of WWB! Ahhhh, yesssss!
WWB was burnin’ Monday night, and that heat got us all fired up. Yes, it did....... the guys in the band and all us fans were sooooo happy to be there.
Waddy Wachtel definitely showed us that even though he’s soon to be a year older on his B-Day May 24, he’s never gonna stop Rockin’. Those incredible sounds he gets from his guitars (you KNOW what I mean) and his energy, vocals and ........ everything about him ..... WOW! We all signed a B-Day card for Waddy, and he told us how much he loves us. He said: “Thank you all for coming here for all these years. Now I have proof!” (Holding up the card.)
Phil Jones (drums) and Rick Rosas (bass) have been with WWB since the first set they did in 2000. Phil and Rick don’t say much at the gigs, but they don’t have to. They speak through their instruments...... and it’s a language we all understand. Ummmmm..... Rock ‘n’ Roll, babies! When they lay down the bottom, middle and top...... They make things move in us! mmmm hmmmm.
Bernard Fowler re-joined the band for this gig, and it was a special treat to have him up there wailing on vocals. Bernard performed with WWB at their first gig 10 years ago, and he loves coming back when he can to show us his stuff. And he didn’t disappoint..... he never does. He kept saying...... “”10 fuckin’ years!” with a big smile. He also did something he hasn’t done for a while...... He jumped on the bar in the middle of the last tune “Sin City” and rocked his way along the bar, singing to everyone.
Brett Tuggle adds another tremendous dimension to WWB, and it’s no wonder Waddy brought him on board several years ago. His guitar and keyboards fill out the music in such a wonderful way, and his lead vocals and harmonies make everyone go..... Ahhhhhh! Brett has such a good time up there with WWB, and we’re sooooo glad to have him.
Jamie Savko was “discovered” by Waddy a few years ago when his friend Barry told him...... “You gotta check this guy out.” Waddy only needed to hear Jamie sing a couple of songs to see what a great asset he’d be to WWB........ and he is! Whether Jamie is singing lead vocals or harmonies, he amazes everyone with that voice. Tingling.
Keith Allison has also been performing with WWB for many years, although he’s considered to be a special guest. Yup - he’s special for sure. Even though Keith is recoverig from back surgery (which went very well), he wouldn’t think of missing this 10th anniversary show. Yes, Keith is doing fine I’m happy to say....... and he’s a perfect example of how Rock ‘n’ Roll not only keeps you young, but heals everything.
Another special guest.......
Joe Vitale showed up wth that great smile of his, and sat on Phil’s drum throne for a few songs...... wailing and whacking those skins. Joe had played with Waddy and Rick in Joe Walsh’s band, and it was so cool to see them back together again..... Rockin’ It Up!
1 "All Down the Line" (The Rolling Stones) Jamie Savko lead vocals; Waddy Wachtel harmony vocals; Brett Tuggle rhythm guitar
2. “Johnny Strikes Up The Band” (Warren Zevon) Waddy lead vocals; Jamie harmony vocals; Brett rhythm guitar
3. “Dog Eat Dog” (AC/DC) Jamie lead vocals; Waddy and Brett harmony vocals; Brett rhythm guitar
4. “Till The End Of The Day” (The Kinks) Brett lead vocals and rhythm guitar; Waddy harmony vocals
5. “No Reply” (The Beatles) Brett lead vocals and rhythm guitar; Jamie harmony vocals
6. “The Shape I’m In” (The Band) Keith Allison lead vocals and rhythm guitar; Jamie and Waddy harmony vocals; Brett keyboards
7. “Poor Poor Pitiful Me" (Warren Zevon) Keith lead vocals and rhythm guitar; Waddy harmony vocals and slide guitar; Brett harmony vocals
8. "Jumpin' Jack Flash" (The Rolling Stones) Bernard Fowler lead vocals; Waddy and Brett harmony vocals; Brett rhythm guitar; Joe Vitale drums
9. “Substitute” (The Who) Jamie lead vocals; Waddy and Brett harmony vocals; Brett rhythm guitar
1. “Won’t Get Fooled Again” (The Who) Jamie lead vocals; Brett keyboards
2. “Start Me Up” (The Rolling Stones) Jamie lead vocals; Waddy and Brett harmony vocals; Brett rhythm guitar
3. “Rocky Mountain Way” (Joe Walsh) Bernard lead vocals; Waddy slide guitar; Brett keyboards; Joe Vitale drums
4. “Heroes” (David Bowie) Bernard lead vocals; Brett keyboards
5. “Wild Horses” (The Rolling Stones) Bernard lead vocals; Waddy and Jamie harmony vocals; Brett keyboards
6. "C'Mon Everybody" (Eddie Cochran) Keith lead vocals and rhythm guitar; Waddy and Brett harmony vocals; Brett keyboards
7. “I Am The Walrus” (The Beatles) Brett lead vocals and keyboards
8. "Sin City" (AC/DC) Bernard lead vocals; Brett rhythm guitar
Photos from 5/17/10. Click any photo to enlarge.
| WWB May 2008 | WWB April 2008 | WWB March 2008 | WWB February 2008 | WWB January 2008 | WWB December 2007 | WWB November 2007 | WWB October 2007 | WWB September 2007 | WWB August 2007 | WWB July 2007 | WWB June 2007 | WWB May 2007 | WWB April 2007 | WWB January 2007 | WWB 2006 | WWB July 2008 | WWB August 2008 | WWB September 2008 | WWB November 2008 | WWB December 2008 | WWB January 2009 | WWB February 2009 | WWB March 2009 | WWB April 2009 | WWB June 2009 | WWB July 2009 | WWB August 2009 | WWB November 2009 | WWB December 2009 | WWB Guests | WWB January 2010 | WWB February 2010 | WWB March 2010 | WWB April 2010 | WWB May 2010 | WWB June 2010 | WWB February 2007 | WWB March 2007 | WWB July 2010 | WWB September 2010 | WWB October 2010 | WWB November 2010 | WWB December 2010 | WWB January 2011 | WWB February 2011 | WWB June 2011 | WWB July 2011 | WWB September 2011 | WWB October 2011 | WWB January 2012 | WWB February 2012 | WWB March 2012 | WWB May 2012 | WWB May 2012 2 | WWB June 2012 | WWB August 2012 | WWBOctober2012 | WWB November 2012 | WWBDecember2012 | WWBJanuary2013 | WWBFebruary2013 | WWBApril2013 | WWBApril26-2013 | WWBJune222013 | WWB August24 2013 | WWB October11 2013 | WWB November16 2013 | WWBNovember302013 | WWBDecember212013 | WWBJanuary252014 | WWBMarch292014 | WWBAugust22014 | WWBSeptember192014 | WWBJanuary102015 |
| Special Guests Page 1 | Waddy Wachtel Band Reviews and News | About the Waddy Wachtel Band | Waddy Wachtel Band Videos | Brett Tuggle | Keith Allison | Waddy Wachtel Band Posters 2009 | Waddy Wachtel Band Posters 2010 | Waddy Wachtel Band Posters 2011 | Waddy Wachtel Band Posters 2012 | Waddy Wachtel Band Posters 2013 | Waddy Wachtel Band Posters 2014 |
| Return Home | Discography / Credits / Gigs / Songs | Articles / Interviews | Photos / Videos | Contact | Waddy Wachtel Band | Search | Mailing List |