/ Credits / Gigs / Songs
Reviews and News - November 2010
Note from Nina:
Oh yesssss.......... We all had a GREAT time rockin’ it up with the Waddy Wachtel Band Monday night 11/22/10 at The Joint! It might have been cold (brrrr) outside here in Los Angeles, but it was HOT and electrified inside with WWB .
First....... I’m happy to let you all know we have a confirmed WWB date for December. Yay!!!!!! It’s a special holiday gig - and on a Friday night instead of a Monday. As Waddy said: “You all better come and not whine about having to get up early for work on Tuesday.” :-)
Friday, December 17, 2010
The Joint, 8771 W. Pico Blvd., Los Angeles, CA 90035
Waddy Wachtel - Lead Guitar, Vocals
Brett Tuggle - Keyboards, Guitar, Vocals
Jamie Savko - Vocals
Al Ortiz - Bass
Jimmy Paxson - Drums
Keith Allison - Vocals, Guitar
Blondie Chaplin - Vocals, Guitar
Now........ About the WWB 11/22 gig.......
There was so much talent up on that little stage that it’d make your head spin. And as usual, Waddy Wachtel orchestrated it - with the help of those exceptional performers - to keep our heads spinning happily throughout the whole night. Not to mention keeping our faces smiling, our ears happy, and our feet stomping. Fun for sure!
I’m so sorry I can’t express in words the magic that overcomes us - band and audience alike - when we get to rockin’ it up together. Just look at the set list, and imagine these great tunes being performed to the rockin’ max - beyond anything your imagination could conjure. Yes.... That’s it!!!
Waddy Wachtel and Jamie Savko sang perfect harmonies on the first tune of the night “Eight Miles High” while Rick Rosas wailed on his bass, Phil Jones banged great rhythms on his drums and Brett Tuggle burned on guitar. Yes, Waddy flashed like lightning on his guitar!
Mindi Abair pranced on stage and delighted us all with her saxophone solos on “All The Way To Memphis” and great vocal harmonies. She kept it up all the way through the night. Rockin’ Mindi!
Blondie Chaplin returned after his gigs in freezing Holland - happy to be back with us here in sunny L.A. He came back on stage several times to join in vocal harmonies and bang the tambourine, then delivered a wonderful performance on lead vocals for “A Change Is Gonna Come.”
Keith Allison is always ready to rock it up for us, and he sure did. When he sings “C’mon Everybody” we’re right there with him. Okay, Keith.... we will!
The band played a new tune for us - “Rip This Joint” (Rolling Stones). Man, did they rip The Joint! A stageful of delightful ripping riffs!
I can never give enough praise to the WWonderful Waddy Wachtel. I know you know what I mean. Guitar, vocals, arrangements..... He definitely always delivers 1000%. BIG thanks to our Waddy!!!!!
Something Brett said to me at the end of the night kind of summed it up: “I love being here.” Yup....... We ALL do! Lucky Rockers one and all!
1. "Eight Miles High" (The Byrds) Waddy Wachtel and Jamie Savko harmony vocals; Brett Tuggle rhythm guitar
2. “Dog Eat Dog” (AC/DC) Jamie lead vocals; Waddy harmony vocals; Brett rhythm guitar and harmony vocals
3. "All the Way to Memphis" (Ian Hunter) Jamie lead vocals; Brett keyboards and harmony vocals; Mindi Abair saxophone and harmony vocals
4. “Revolution” (The Beatles) Brett lead vocals and keyboards; Waddy harmony vocals; Blondie Chaplin harmony vocals
5. “Ruby Tuesday” (The Rolling Stones) Jamie lead vocals; Waddy, Brett and Blondie harmony vocals; Brett keyboards
6. "Stop Breakin' Down" (Robert Johnson) Keith Allison lead vocals, guitar and harmonica; Waddy slide guitar; Brett keyboards; Blondie harmony vocals
7. "Poor Poor Pitiful Me" (Warren Zevon) Keith lead vocals and rhythm guitar; Waddy slide guitar and harmony vocals; Brett harmony vocals and tambourine
8. "Bitch" (The Rolling Stones) Jamie lead vocals; Waddy harmony vocals; Brett rhythm guitar; Mindi saxophone
9. “I Am The Walrus” (The Beatles) Brett lead vocals and keyboards; Waddy background vocals
1. “Rip This Joint” (The Rolling Stones) Jamie lead vocals; Waddy harmony vocals; Brett keyboards and harmony vocals; Mindi saxophone
2. "Lawyers Guns and Money" (Warren Zevon) Waddy lead vocals; Brett rhythm guitar
3. "Girl's Got Rhythm" (AC/DC) Jamie lead vocals; Waddy harmony vocals; Brett rhythm guitar and harmony vocals
4. “Start Me Up” (The Rolling Stones) Jamie lead vocals; Waddy harmony vocals; Brett rhythm guitar and harmony vocals; Blondie harmony vocals
5. “A Change Is Gonna Come” (Sam Cooke) Blondie lead vocals
6. "C'Mon Everybody" (Eddie Cochran) Keith lead vocals and rhythm guitar; Waddy harmony vocals; Brett keyboards and harmony vocals; Mindi saxophone
7. “Honky Tonk Women" (The Rolling Stones) Jamie lead vocals; Waddy, Brett and Blondie harmony vocals; Mindi saxophone
8. “Won’t Get Fooled Again” (The Who) Jamie lead vocals; Brett keyboards
On all tunes:
Waddy Wachtel - Lead Guitar
Rick Rosas - Bass
Phil Jones - Drums
I didn’t take any photos at the gig - too busy dancing! But everyone looked wonderful.
I also wanted to mention.......
In addition to the fantastic regulars who show up to enjoy these WWB gigs (love you!) we had.....
George who flew down from Canada for the night just to see WWB.
Jack and Robin who flew in from Connecticut for Jack’s B-day to rock with WWB.
Don’t wait for WWB to come to you........ come to them.
Special thanks to the guys who keep the band happy and help make this fun for all:
John Philbrick, Charlie Wood, Mark Nathanson, Charlie McIntosh, Thomas, and Alec and all the good folks at The Joint.
Enjoy the holidays, keep rockin’, and come have fun with us on 12/17!!!
| WWB May 2008 | WWB April 2008 | WWB March 2008 | WWB February 2008 | WWB January 2008 | WWB December 2007 | WWB November 2007 | WWB October 2007 | WWB September 2007 | WWB August 2007 | WWB July 2007 | WWB June 2007 | WWB May 2007 | WWB April 2007 | WWB January 2007 | WWB 2006 | WWB July 2008 | WWB August 2008 | WWB September 2008 | WWB November 2008 | WWB December 2008 | WWB January 2009 | WWB February 2009 | WWB March 2009 | WWB April 2009 | WWB June 2009 | WWB July 2009 | WWB August 2009 | WWB November 2009 | WWB December 2009 | WWB Guests | WWB January 2010 | WWB February 2010 | WWB March 2010 | WWB April 2010 | WWB May 2010 | WWB June 2010 | WWB February 2007 | WWB March 2007 | WWB July 2010 | WWB September 2010 | WWB October 2010 | WWB November 2010 | WWB December 2010 | WWB January 2011 | WWB February 2011 | WWB June 2011 | WWB July 2011 | WWB September 2011 | WWB October 2011 | WWB January 2012 | WWB February 2012 | WWB March 2012 | WWB May 2012 | WWB May 2012 2 | WWB June 2012 | WWB August 2012 | WWBOctober2012 | WWB November 2012 | WWBDecember2012 | WWBJanuary2013 | WWBFebruary2013 | WWBApril2013 | WWBApril26-2013 | WWBJune222013 | WWB August24 2013 | WWB October11 2013 | WWB November16 2013 | WWBNovember302013 | WWBDecember212013 | WWBJanuary252014 | WWBMarch292014 | WWBAugust22014 | WWBSeptember192014 | WWBJanuary102015 |
| Special Guests Page 1 | Waddy Wachtel Band Reviews and News | About the Waddy Wachtel Band | Waddy Wachtel Band Videos | Brett Tuggle | Keith Allison | Waddy Wachtel Band Posters 2009 | Waddy Wachtel Band Posters 2010 | Waddy Wachtel Band Posters 2011 | Waddy Wachtel Band Posters 2012 | Waddy Wachtel Band Posters 2013 | Waddy Wachtel Band Posters 2014 |
| Return Home | Discography / Credits / Gigs / Songs | Articles / Interviews | Photos / Videos | Contact | Waddy Wachtel Band | Search | Mailing List |