/ Credits / Gigs / Songs
Reviews and News - November 2012
Note from Nina:
The Joint was filled to capacity with very thankful Rock 'n' Rollers Saturday night, November 24, 2012 to experience an impeccable performance by the Waddy Wachtel Band. Yes, I said impeccable! Faultless! I know if you were there you have big smiles on your faces and are nodding in agreement. Whatever mass food consumption or other goings on happened on Thanksgiving, it didn't keep the WWBers away. We're all addicted!
There were lots of delightful surprises.
Besides playing some of our favorite tunes they've played in the past, WWB added some new ones too. All great - especially the way WWB plays them.
Waddy also brought a horn section! Lee Thornburg on trumpet and trombone, and Ron Dziubla on saxophone. They not only filled the stage in a bright way, but filled the room with some of the best playing imaginable. Lucky us for sure! Lee and Ron have played with many top performers - both on tour and on recording sessions (too many to list here) - and we know if Waddy approves of them they have to be great. Yes, they were. We want them back, they want to come back, and Waddy wants them back. Win - win for all!
John Cowsill returned to provide some great lead and harmony vocals with WWB. It was so great to have him come back to our stage. Even though he's a mighty drummer with the Beach Boys, the man definitely can sing as well!
Yes, we were thankful for those surprises.
But........ We're most thankful for Waddy Wachtel, Phil Jones, Rick Rosas, Brett Tuggle and Jamie Savko giving us so many fantastic performances for all these years here in Los Angeles. People come from all over the country - and the world - to see this show. I know...... I've spoken to so many of you.
WWB is thankful for all of you Rockers!!!!!
As we all crowded together and waited in heated anticipation.......
WWB hit the stage and blasted out their first tune "Highway To Hell." Take us with you! And they did. Nah, we didn't go to hell. Haha! It felt like heaven! Jamie's lead vocals sent shivers down our spines, and you know when that Les Paul is in Waddy's hands everyone is tingling!
Waddy Wachtel is a master musical chef - the maestro. Besides all the other projects he's constantly working on, he devotes his utmost energy to these WWB gigs. If you've heard Waddy's playing and production on other projects, you know he's fuckin' great. But to hear him let out all the stops with WWB - wail on that guitar and sing such fantastic lead and harmony vocals - it's an experience beyond description.
Lee and Ron brought up the brass for the next tune "All Down The Line." Yup, you guessed it...... We followed gratefully wherever they wanted to take us. Have you ever seen a sax player smile while blowing? Ron did.
If you can imagine an Energizer Bunny with a full drum kit - That's Phil Jones. The guy is continuously pumping it up. Someone behind me asked: "Who is that on drums? He's amazing!" That's our Phil.
Rick Rosas stands in the back of the stage looking unassuming - then wails on that bass. Wow! Waddy and Jamie blow everyone's minds with their vocals on "Eight Miles High" and Waddy's guitar solos on that tune are beyond imaginable, but Rick really shows his stuff on that. Incredible.
Brett Tuggle always delivers an exceptionally exquisite performance on "I Am The Walrus." It's like the song was made for him. And we got another great Beatles tune WWB hadn't done before from him: "Gotta Get You Into My Life." We all agreed: It's great having you in our lives, Brett!
The amazing Keith Allison got everyone singing along on "C'mon Everybody." Okay, Keith........ We're with you!
Jamie Savko has a voice that many singers could only wish for. He can not only send those shivers down your spine with his lead vocals on the AC/DC stuff, but blend perfectly on harmony vocals - with anyone!
Check the set lists - two long ROCKIN' ones for us - and every one of those songs kept us rockin' all night. Did I say......... impeccable? Yesssss!
Waddy Wachtel - Lead Guitar
Phil Jones - Drums
Rick Rosas - Bass
1. "Highway To Hell" (AC/DC) Jamie Savko lead vocals; Waddy Wachtel harmony vocals; Brett Tuggle rhythm guitar, harmony vocals
2. "All Down the Line" (The Rolling Stones) Jamie and Waddy lead harmony vocals; Brett rhythm guitar; Ron Dziubla saxophone; Lee Thornburg trumpet
3. "Bitch" (The Rolling Stones) Jamie lead vocals; Waddy harmony vocals; Brett rhythm guitar, guitar solo, harmony vocals; Ron saxophone; Lee trumpet, trombone
4. "The Kids Are Alright" (The Who) Waddy lead vocals; Jamie harmony vocals; Brett rhythm guitar, harmony vocals
5. “Itchycoo Park” (Small Faces) Jamie lead vocals; Waddy harmony vocals; Brett keyboards, harmony vocals
6. "Darlin" (The Beach Boys) John Cowsill lead vocals; Waddy, Jamie and Brett harmony vocals
7. "Cinnamon Girl" (Neil Young) Waddy and John lead harmony vocals; Brett rhythm guitar
8. "The Shape I'm In” (The Band) Keith Allison lead vocals and guitar; Waddy and Jamie harmony vocals; Brett keyboards; Ron saxophone; Lee trumpet
9. “Poor Poor Pitiful Me" (Warren Zevon) Keith lead vocals and guitar; Waddy harmony vocals, slide guitar; Brett harmony vocals
10. “Live With Me” (The Rolling Stones) Waddy lead vocals; Jamie harmony vocals; Brett keyboards, harmony vocals; Ron saxophone, sax solos; Lee trumpet
11. “I Am The Walrus” (The Beatles) Brett lead vocals and keyboards; Waddy harmony vocals
1. "All the Way to Memphis" (Ian Hunter) Brett lead vocals, keyboards; Waddy and Jamie harmony vocals; Ron saxophone, sax solos; Lee trumpet
2. "Gotta Get You Into My Life" (The Beatles) Brett lead vocals, keyboards; Waddy, Jamie and John harmony vocals; Ron saxophone; Lee trumpet
3. "Lady Madonna" (The Beatles) Brett lead vocals, keyboards; Waddy, Jamie and John harmony vocals; Ron saxophone; Lee trumpet
4. “Ruby Tuesday” (The Rolling Stones) Jamie lead vocals; Waddy and John harmony vocals; Brett keyboards and harmony vocals; Ron saxophone; Lee trumpet
5. "Eight Miles High" (The Byrds) Waddy and Jamie lead harmony vocals; Brett rhythm guitar
6. "Problem Child" (AC/DC) Jamie lead vocals; Waddy harmony vocals; Brett rhythm guitar, harmony vocals
7. "C'Mon Everybody" (Eddie Cochran) Keith lead vocals and guitar; Waddy harmony vocals; Brett keyboards, harmony vocals; Ron saxophone, sax solo; Lee trumpet
8. “Honky Tonk Women" (The Rolling Stones) Jamie lead vocals; Waddy and John harmony vocals; Brett keyboards, harmony vocals; Keith rhythm guitar; Ron saxophone; Lee trumpet
9. “Till The End Of The Day” (The Kinks) Brett lead vocals, rhythm guitar; Waddy and Jamie harmony vocals
10. "Rocks Off" (The Rolling Stones) Jamie and Waddy lead harmony vocals; Brett rhythm guitar, harmony vocals; Ron saxophone; Lee trumpet
11. "Sin City" (AC/DC) Jamie lead vocals; Brett rhythm guitar
More to be thankful for:
John Philbrick, Charlie Wood, Charlie McIntosh, Mark Nathanson, the wonderful folks who run the Joint, and all those who help in other ways to make these gigs happen. Rockin' love!
And to those who without which this wouldn't happen at all - YOU ROCKERS!
I'll let you know as soon as the next Waddy Wachtel Band gig is confirmed. We're working on it!!!
See you soon!
Click any photo to enlarge.......
| WWB May 2008 | WWB April 2008 | WWB March 2008 | WWB February 2008 | WWB January 2008 | WWB December 2007 | WWB November 2007 | WWB October 2007 | WWB September 2007 | WWB August 2007 | WWB July 2007 | WWB June 2007 | WWB May 2007 | WWB April 2007 | WWB January 2007 | WWB 2006 | WWB July 2008 | WWB August 2008 | WWB September 2008 | WWB November 2008 | WWB December 2008 | WWB January 2009 | WWB February 2009 | WWB March 2009 | WWB April 2009 | WWB June 2009 | WWB July 2009 | WWB August 2009 | WWB November 2009 | WWB December 2009 | WWB Guests | WWB January 2010 | WWB February 2010 | WWB March 2010 | WWB April 2010 | WWB May 2010 | WWB June 2010 | WWB February 2007 | WWB March 2007 | WWB July 2010 | WWB September 2010 | WWB October 2010 | WWB November 2010 | WWB December 2010 | WWB January 2011 | WWB February 2011 | WWB June 2011 | WWB July 2011 | WWB September 2011 | WWB October 2011 | WWB January 2012 | WWB February 2012 | WWB March 2012 | WWB May 2012 | WWB May 2012 2 | WWB June 2012 | WWB August 2012 | WWBOctober2012 | WWB November 2012 | WWBDecember2012 | WWBJanuary2013 | WWBFebruary2013 | WWBApril2013 | WWBApril26-2013 | WWBJune222013 | WWB August24 2013 | WWB October11 2013 | WWB November16 2013 | WWBNovember302013 | WWBDecember212013 | WWBJanuary252014 | WWBMarch292014 | WWBAugust22014 | WWBSeptember192014 | WWBJanuary102015 |
| Special Guests Page 1 | Waddy Wachtel Band Reviews and News | About the Waddy Wachtel Band | Waddy Wachtel Band Videos | Brett Tuggle | Keith Allison | Waddy Wachtel Band Posters 2009 | Waddy Wachtel Band Posters 2010 | Waddy Wachtel Band Posters 2011 | Waddy Wachtel Band Posters 2012 | Waddy Wachtel Band Posters 2013 | Waddy Wachtel Band Posters 2014 |
| Return Home | Discography / Credits / Gigs / Songs | Articles / Interviews | Photos / Videos | Contact | Waddy Wachtel Band | Search | Mailing List |