/ Credits / Gigs / Songs
Reviews and News - October 2012
Note from Nina:
Everyone was excited to be at the fabulous Joint Saturday night October 20 to get fantastically rocked up by the Waddy Wachtel Band. They never let us down - always a great performance by these pros!
First....... In case you didn't hear....... The Waddy Wachtel Band will be at The Joint again on Saturday night November 24. If you missed the 10/20 show, be sure to catch WWB on 11/24. If you were with us on 10/20, I know you'll want to come back on 11/24. As Waddy says: "We'll be lookin' for you!" Waddy also says that the special guests at the shows are YOU! The best rock 'n' rollers around. Yes, you are!
About Saturday night 10/20:
By the time Waddy Wachtel, Phil Jones, Rick Rosas, Brett Tuggle and Jamie Savko blasted into the first song of the night "Rocks Off" The Joint was packed with all of us eager fans wanting them to get our rocks off - and they did! Waddy and Jamie let us know for sure with their burnin' vocals that we were in for a great night!
The first set was filled with one fantastic song after another, and the guys burned through all of them. They sure got all of us HOT!
Waddy set those guitar strings on fire!
Phil could have set a flame on those drum skins!
Rick on bass provided the timber for the bonfire!
Brett fanned the flames on keyboards and guitar!
Jamie ignited the blast with his superb vocals!
Were we happy? Oh yesssss!
Adding to the fun were:
Bernard Fowler thrilling everyone with his incredible voice!
Keith Allison smiling through all his songs - including "Werewolves of London"!
John Cowsill joining the band to sing lead vocals on the Beach Boys song "Darlin"!
Did I use too many exclamation points? Well, these guys deserve all of them and more!!!!!!
Waddy Wachtel - Lead Guitar
Phil Jones - Drums
Rick Rosas - Bass
1. "Rocks Off" (The Rolling Stones) Jamie Savko and Waddy Wachtel harmony vocals; Brett Tuggle harmony vocals, rhythm guitar
2. “Substitute” (The Who) Jamie Savko lead vocals; Waddy Wachtel harmony vocals; Brett Tuggle rhythm guitar and harmony vocals
3. “Itchycoo Park” (Small Faces) Jamie lead vocals; Waddy harmony vocals; Brett keyboards and harmony vocals
4. "I Can't Let Go" (The Hollies) Bernard Fowler lead vocals; Waddy and Jamie harmony vocals; Brett guitar and harmony vocals
5. "Jail Break" (Thin Lizzy) Bernard lead vocals; Jamie and Waddy harmony vocals; Brett rhythm guitar and harmony vocals
6. "Darlin" (Beach Boys) John Cowsill lead vocals; Waddy, Jamie and Brett harmony vocals
7. “Shot Down in Flames” (AC/DC) Jamie lead vocals; Waddy harmony vocals; Brett rhythm guitar
8. "Werewolves of London" (Wachtel, Zevon, Marinell) Keith Allison lead vocals and rhythm guitar; Waddy lead and slide guitar; Brett keyboards
9. “Somethin' Else” (Eddie Cochran) Keith lead vocals and rhythm guitar; Brett keyboards
10. "Satisfaction" (The Rolling Stones) Bernard lead vocals; Waddy harmony vocals; Brett harmony vocals and rhythm guitar
11. “I Am The Walrus” (The Beatles) Brett lead vocals and keyboards; Waddy harmony vocals
1. “Won’t Get Fooled Again” (The Who) Jamie lead vocals; Brett keyboards and harmony vocals
2. "Immigrant Song" (Led Zeppelin) Jamie lead vocals; Brett rhythm guitar
3. “Till The End Of The Day” (The Kinks) Brett lead vocals and rhythm guitar; Waddy harmony vocals
4. “Ruby Tuesday” (The Rolling Stones) Jamie lead vocals; Waddy harmony vocals; Brett keyboards and harmony vocals; John harmony vocals
5. "Heroes" (David Bowie) Bernard lead vocals; Brett keyboards
6. "She's So Cold" (The Rolling Stones) Bernard lead vocals; Waddy harmony vocals; Brett rhythm guitar
7. "Lawyers Guns and Money" (Warren Zevon) Waddy lead vocals; Brett rhythm guitar
8. “Poor Poor Pitiful Me" (Warren Zevon) Keith lead vocals and guitar; Waddy harmony vocals and slide guitar; Brett harmony vocals
9. "Wild Horses" (The Rolling Stones) Bernard lead vocals; Waddy and Jamie harmony vocals
10. "Problem Child" (AC/DC) Jamie lead vocals; Waddy harmony vocals; Brett rhythm guitar and harmony vocals
11. "Rockin' In the Free World" (Neil Young) Bernard lead vocals; Waddy and Jamie harmony vocals; Brett rhythm guitar
As always, we gratefully give thanks to:
John Philbrick and Charlie Wood for all they do - keeping the equipment in top performing order and helping with so many other things.
Ondrea, Fernando, Andy and the delightful folks at The Joint for making it so nice to be there.
Anna for her warm greetings at the door - and Charlie McIntosh for so much assistance.
Mark Nathanson for working the sound
The WWB Rockers - that's you - for coming and providing so much energy and appreciation.
Hope you'll all be there on Saturday night 11/24 after Thanksgiving to join us in giving thanks for great Rock 'n Roll!!!!!
Bernard Fowler is heading off to Europe to join The Rolling Stones in position on stage as background singer for their upcoming concerts. Yes, they need him! We wish him a great time.
John Cowsill - for those of you who might not know - was in the band The Cowsills. Waddy has known him for many years. The Cowsills originally brought Waddy to Los Angeles. John has been the drummer with the Beach Boys.
Okay, sweeties...... If you've read this far down.....
I want to thank all of you personally for all you've done. And for your nice notes and words to me. And especially for Rockin'!!!!!!!
See you soon.
Waddy Wachtel, Phil Jones, Jamie Savko, John Cowsill, Brett Tuggle (photo by Joel Preisler)
| WWB May 2008 | WWB April 2008 | WWB March 2008 | WWB February 2008 | WWB January 2008 | WWB December 2007 | WWB November 2007 | WWB October 2007 | WWB September 2007 | WWB August 2007 | WWB July 2007 | WWB June 2007 | WWB May 2007 | WWB April 2007 | WWB January 2007 | WWB 2006 | WWB July 2008 | WWB August 2008 | WWB September 2008 | WWB November 2008 | WWB December 2008 | WWB January 2009 | WWB February 2009 | WWB March 2009 | WWB April 2009 | WWB June 2009 | WWB July 2009 | WWB August 2009 | WWB November 2009 | WWB December 2009 | WWB Guests | WWB January 2010 | WWB February 2010 | WWB March 2010 | WWB April 2010 | WWB May 2010 | WWB June 2010 | WWB February 2007 | WWB March 2007 | WWB July 2010 | WWB September 2010 | WWB October 2010 | WWB November 2010 | WWB December 2010 | WWB January 2011 | WWB February 2011 | WWB June 2011 | WWB July 2011 | WWB September 2011 | WWB October 2011 | WWB January 2012 | WWB February 2012 | WWB March 2012 | WWB May 2012 | WWB May 2012 2 | WWB June 2012 | WWB August 2012 | WWBOctober2012 | WWB November 2012 | WWBDecember2012 | WWBJanuary2013 | WWBFebruary2013 | WWBApril2013 | WWBApril26-2013 | WWBJune222013 | WWB August24 2013 | WWB October11 2013 | WWB November16 2013 | WWBNovember302013 | WWBDecember212013 | WWBJanuary252014 | WWBMarch292014 | WWBAugust22014 | WWBSeptember192014 | WWBJanuary102015 |
| Special Guests Page 1 | Waddy Wachtel Band Reviews and News | About the Waddy Wachtel Band | Waddy Wachtel Band Videos | Brett Tuggle | Keith Allison | Waddy Wachtel Band Posters 2009 | Waddy Wachtel Band Posters 2010 | Waddy Wachtel Band Posters 2011 | Waddy Wachtel Band Posters 2012 | Waddy Wachtel Band Posters 2013 | Waddy Wachtel Band Posters 2014 |
| Return Home | Discography / Credits / Gigs / Songs | Articles / Interviews | Photos / Videos | Contact | Waddy Wachtel Band | Search | Mailing List |