/ Credits / Gigs / Songs
Reviews and News - September 2011
Note from Nina:
It was great to be back rockin' it up with the Waddy Wachtel Band at The Joint in Los Angeles Saturday night 9/24/11. Fun, rockin' and smiles by everyone!
First I have to say......
Thank you, thank you, THANK YOU!!!!
..... Thank you from all of us fans who were there to the fantastic guys in WWB who continue to give us such great performances of those great songs.
..... Thank you from the guys in WWB to everyone who comes to the gigs and rocks it up with them.
..... Thank you from me to all of you. :-)
The Joint was packed last night. So many hungry Rockers filling the place with good vibes (can I still use the word vibes?) knowing they were gonna get a dose of just what they needed....... Loud, electrifying, exciting Rock 'n' Roll. Oh yeah - that's what we got and always get from WWB.
Jamie Savko had no problem taking center stage and thrilling everyone with his vocals on the first song of the night "Substitute." Waddy Wachtel added not only incredibly WWonderful harmony vocals, but a guitar solo that was spine tingling. Phil Jones showed his mastery of the drums, and Rick Rosas got out hearts pumping with his terrific bass playing.
They continued to wow everyone all night on all the songs they played.
The second song of the night was a new one WWB played for us - "If You Can't Rock Me" by the Stones. Damn! If they can't rock us, nobody can! And they sure did. Jason Sinay joined the band for that tune and kept wailing on rhythm guitar for most of the songs of the night.
It was great having Jason on that stage again with WWB. He not played cool rhythm guitar, but sang lead vocals on 2 of our Jason favs - "Powderfinger" and "Like a Hurricane." It was also deeeelightful hearing him and Waddy both play guitar solos on those tunes.
Bernard Fowler was another special treat of the night. He hasn't been with WWB regularly lately because he's been off all over the world doing his own solo gigs, but everyone was happy to have him back and singing up a storm. Bernard can sing anything, and I know some of you have favorite ones he does with WWB. He sang my favorite last night - "She's So Cold" - and took it to another level. Not only did he get everyone singing along, but in the middle he changed it to a reggae beat and - danced! What fun!
Keith Allison always rocks us up, and when he sang one of my favs - Eddie Cochran's "C'mon Everybody" - everybody was movin' and jumpin'. Keith also does a great version of Zevon's "Poor Poor Pitiful Me' with Waddy using his slide on that guitar neck - Ahhhhh!!!! We weren't feeling poor at all.
Even though Waddy played wild wonderful lead guitar and solos that made me open-mouthed with wonder, and sang ear-thrilling harmony vocals on most of the tunes, I kept waiting and hoping for some lead vocals by him. I got 'em!!!! Waddy sang his own composition "High Maintenance Girlfriend" which has become a song everyone there wants to hear, and kicked ass on "Lawyers, Guns and Money."
Yessssss......... Big smiles from one and all!
And everyone asking "When's the next gig???" Of course we want more, more more. I'll let you know when WWB will be playing again as soon as I get the nod. We're all nodding........ Yes, please!
For all songs:
Waddy Wachtel - Lead Guitar
Phil Jones - Drums
Rick Rosas - Bass
1. “Substitute” (The Who) Jamie Savko lead vocals; Waddy Wachtel harmony vocals
2. "If You Can't Rock Me" (The Rolling Stones) Jamie lead vocals; Waddy harmony vocals; Jason Sinay rhythm guitar and harmony vocals
3. “Itchycoo Park” (Small Faces) Jamie lead vocals; Waddy harmony vocals; Jason rhythm guitar and harmony vocals
4. "Girl's Got Rhythm" (AC/DC) Jamie lead vocals; Waddy harmony vocals; Jason rhythm guitar and harmony vocals
5. "Powderfinger" (Neil Young) Jason lead vocals and rhythm guitar; Waddy and Jason guitar solos
6. "Pump It Up" (Elvis Costello) Keith Allison lead vocals and rhythm guitar; Waddy harmony vocals
7. “Poor Poor Pitiful Me" (Warren Zevon) Keith lead vocals and rhythm guitar; Waddy harmony vocals and slide guitar
8. "Jail Break" (Thin Lizzy) Bernard Fowler lead vocals; Jamie and Waddy harmony vocals; Jason rhythm guitar and harmony vocals
9. "She's So Cold" (The Rolling Stones) Bernard lead vocals; Waddy harmony vocals; Jason rhythm guitar
1. "Immigrant Song" (Led Zeppelin) Jamie lead vocals
2. "Like A Hurricane" (Neil Young) Jason lead vocals and rhythm guitar; Waddy harmony vocals; Waddy and Jason guitar solos
3. "Down Payment Blues" (AC/DC) Bernard lead vocals; Jason rhythm guitar
4. "Honky Tonk Women" (The Rolling Stones) Jamie lead vocals; Waddy, Bernard and Jason harmony vocals; Jason rhythm guitar
5. "High Maintenance Girlfriend" (Waddy Wachtel) Waddy lead vocals; Jamie harmony vocals; Jason rhythm guitar
6. "C'Mon Everybody" (Eddie Cochran) Keith lead vocals and rhythm guitar; Waddy harmony vocals
7. “Start Me Up” (The Rolling Stones) Jamie lead vocals; Waddy harmony vocals; Jason rhythm guitar
8. "Lawyers, Guns and Money" (Warren Zevon) Waddy lead vocals; Jason rhythm guitar
9. "Wild Horses" (The Rolling Stones) Bernard lead vocals; Waddy and Jamie harmony vocals; Jason rhythm guitar
10. "Keep Rockin' In The Free World" (Neil Young) Bernard lead vocals; Waddy and Jamie harmony vocals; Jason rhythm guitar
Let's all thank the great off-stage folks who help make these gigs happen too - can't do it without them. John Philbrick, Mark Nathanson, Will, Anna, and everyone else who assisted our great band and audience. Love 'em all.
We hope those of you who couldn't make on 9/24 will come join us at the next gig.
And those of you who were with us.......
See you sweet Rockers sooooon!
Photos......... by Maria Younghans
Click any photo to enlarge......
| WWB May 2008 | WWB April 2008 | WWB March 2008 | WWB February 2008 | WWB January 2008 | WWB December 2007 | WWB November 2007 | WWB October 2007 | WWB September 2007 | WWB August 2007 | WWB July 2007 | WWB June 2007 | WWB May 2007 | WWB April 2007 | WWB January 2007 | WWB 2006 | WWB July 2008 | WWB August 2008 | WWB September 2008 | WWB November 2008 | WWB December 2008 | WWB January 2009 | WWB February 2009 | WWB March 2009 | WWB April 2009 | WWB June 2009 | WWB July 2009 | WWB August 2009 | WWB November 2009 | WWB December 2009 | WWB Guests | WWB January 2010 | WWB February 2010 | WWB March 2010 | WWB April 2010 | WWB May 2010 | WWB June 2010 | WWB February 2007 | WWB March 2007 | WWB July 2010 | WWB September 2010 | WWB October 2010 | WWB November 2010 | WWB December 2010 | WWB January 2011 | WWB February 2011 | WWB June 2011 | WWB July 2011 | WWB September 2011 | WWB October 2011 | WWB January 2012 | WWB February 2012 | WWB March 2012 | WWB May 2012 | WWB May 2012 2 | WWB June 2012 | WWB August 2012 | WWBOctober2012 | WWB November 2012 | WWBDecember2012 | WWBJanuary2013 | WWBFebruary2013 | WWBApril2013 | WWBApril26-2013 | WWBJune222013 | WWB August24 2013 | WWB October11 2013 | WWB November16 2013 | WWBNovember302013 | WWBDecember212013 | WWBJanuary252014 | WWBMarch292014 | WWBAugust22014 | WWBSeptember192014 | WWBJanuary102015 |
| Special Guests Page 1 | Waddy Wachtel Band Reviews and News | About the Waddy Wachtel Band | Waddy Wachtel Band Videos | Brett Tuggle | Keith Allison | Waddy Wachtel Band Posters 2009 | Waddy Wachtel Band Posters 2010 | Waddy Wachtel Band Posters 2011 | Waddy Wachtel Band Posters 2012 | Waddy Wachtel Band Posters 2013 | Waddy Wachtel Band Posters 2014 |
| Return Home | Discography / Credits / Gigs / Songs | Articles / Interviews | Photos / Videos | Contact | Waddy Wachtel Band | Search | Mailing List |