/ Credits / Gigs / Songs
Reviews and News - September 22, 2019
Note from Nina:
We were a very lucky bunch of rock and rollers who got to see the Waddy Wachtel Band on 9/22/19 at Bogie’s in Westlake Village. I can still see all the smiles on the faces of everyone in the audience and on stage - everyone sooooo happy!
It’s a sure thing - WWB always delivers excellent performances - and if you were there you know it was a perfect night! (Waddy doesn’t like to say anything is ever perfect :-), but I can - they were!)
Waddy Wachtel, Phil Jones, Brett Tuggle, Jamie Savko, Al Ortiz, Ron Dziubla and Keith Allison - rock us forever!
Waddy started the night by dedicating it to his dear departed friend Eddie Money.
The first song of the night was one WWB has done before, but not for a while. Jamie sang great lead vocals on Muse’s “Supermassive Black Hole” with harmony vocals by Waddy, Brett and Al. We knew from the start that we all wanted to go with them into the black hole - where we could get lost in the music. So, we followed.
Then Waddy rocked on lead vocals on the Stones’ “Live with Me”. Yes, please! Can we all?
A new song for WWB followed. The Who’s “Pinball Wizard.” And I’ve gotta say: These guys are all wizards. How do they do it? Jamie sailed through the lead vocals with Phil rockin the whole place with his impeccable drumming, Al mastering the bass parts, Brett burning on rhythm guitar, and our master wizard Waddy making his guitar sing!
Brett then took over for lead vocals and keyboards on the Beatles “Lady Madonna.” You’ve got to hear Brett sing that song. He’s got the Beatles songs down pat.
Our first AC/DC song of the night - “Shot Down In Flames” was sang perfectly by Jamie. No one can do a better job of that song - well, maybe except for Bon Scott, but Bon would have been proud. And Angus would love Waddy’s lead guitar on it.
Gotta have some Led Zeppelin, right? WWB showed how diverse they can be by playing “The Ocean.” Don’t try this at home, kids! Jamie sang lead vocals and Waddy, Brett and the audience joined in on harmonies for the ‘la la la la” parts. Fun!
Keith Allison took center stage and sang The Band’s “Strawberry Wine.” Keith said he’d never sang that song before, but you wouldn’t have known it. He’s a pro and did great!
Keith then said: “I’m gonna sing my favorite Elvis song.” Elvis Costello’s "Pump It Up"! No one expected “Hound dog”. Haha! Keith definitely gets us pumped up with that tune.
You’ve gotta have some saxophone on the Stones’ “Bitch” and Ron isn’t shy - he blasted some “nasty sweet sax! He and Waddy traded off solos, smiling with appreciation at each other’s talents.
Waddy then sang one of his own compositions we all love - “High Maintenance Girlfriend.” He always gets everyone rockin with that.
They ended the first set with The Beatles “I Am The Walrus.” Brett wails on lead vocals and keyboards, and Waddy plays a guitar solo at the end that would stand your hair up on end!
The second set was as fantastic as the first set. WWB never lags or runs out of energy. You want to rock? So do they!
Check the set list for the second set below, and imagine all those songs being played ….. perfectly!
Some notes about it:
“Bad Side” is a new song written by Waddy and Jamie. It really rocks, and we hope to hear it more and often.
After Waddy sang a beautiful vocal on Warren Zevon’s “Johnny Strikes Up The Band” he said: “We miss you Warren.” And Jamie paid tribute to those we just lost - Eddie Money and Ric Ocasik.
Brett rocked vocals on The Kinks "Till The End Of The Day" and Waddy said: “We love those ballads.” Tee hee!
Jamie showed his incredible vocal range on "Immigrant Song" and Waddy said: “He’s so amazing!”
WWB closed the show with The Who’s “Won't Get Fooled Again”. Waddy, Phil, Brett, Jamie, Al, Ron and Keith don’t fool around. They’re so into the music and such pros that we always know we’ll get just what we came for - GREAT Rock ’n’ Roll!!!
On all songs:
Waddy Wachtel - Lead Guitar
Phil Jones - Drums
Al Ortiz - Bass
1. “Supermassive Black Hole” (Muse) Jamie Savko lead vocals; Waddy Wachtel, Brett Tuggle and Al Ortiz harmony vocals; Brett keyboards
2. “Live With Me” (The Rolling Stones) Waddy lead vocals; Jamie harmony vocals; Brett keyboards; Ron Dziubla saxophone
3. “Pinball Wizard” (The Who) Jamie lead vocals; Waddy and Brett background vocals; Brett guitar
4. "Lady Madonna" (The Beatles) Brett lead vocals and keyboards; Waddy and Jamie harmony vocals; Ron saxophone
5. "Shot Down in Flames" (AC/DC) Jamie lead vocals; Brett guitar
6. "The Ocean" (Led Zeppelin) Jamie lead vocals; Waddy, Brett, Al and the audience harmony vocals; Brett guitar
7. “Strawberry Wine” (The Band) Keith Allison lead vocals and guitar; Brett keyboards
8. "Pump It Up" (Elvis Costello) Keith lead vocals and rhythm guitar; Brett keyboards; Ron saxophone
9. "Bitch" (The Rolling Stones) Jamie lead vocals; Brett guitar; Ron saxophone
10. "High Maintenance Girlfriend" (Waddy Wachtel) Waddy lead vocals; Brett guitar
11. “I Am The Walrus” (The Beatles) Brett lead vocals and keyboards; Waddy harmony vocals
1. “Tie Your Mother Down” (Queen) Jamie lead vocals; Waddy and Brett harmony vocals; Brett guitar
2. "All the Way to Memphis" (Ian Hunter) Brett lead vocals and keyboards; Jamie background vocals; Ron saxophone
3. “Itchycoo Park” (Small Faces) Jamie lead vocals; Waddy and Brett harmony vocals; Brett keyboards
4. “Bad Side” (Waddy Wachtel, Jamie Savko) Jamie lead vocals; Brett guitar; Ron saxophone
5. “Johnny Strikes Up The Band” (Warren Zevon) Waddy lead vocals; Jamie harmony vocals; Brett guitar and keyboards
6. "Till The End Of The Day" (The Kinks) Brett lead vocals and guitar; Waddy and Jamie harmony vocals
7. "Immigrant Song" (Led Zeppelin) Jamie lead vocals; Brett guitar
8. “Just Like Me” (Paul Revere and the Raiders) Keith lead vocals and guitar; Waddy harmony vocals; Brett keyboards; Ron saxophone
9. "Problem Child" (AC/DC) Jamie lead vocals; Waddy and Brett harmony vocals; Brett guitar
10. “Won't Get Fooled Again” (The Who) Jamie lead vocals; Brett keyboards
Thank you to those who helped made this show rock - very appreciated and needed:
John Philbrick for being so on top of keeping Waddy’s guitars and amps in tip top shape.
Randy Peyton for helping out John Philbrick.
Christian Hogan for setting up and keeping Phil’s drums in great shape.
Thomas for being Brett’s assistant with his keyboards.
All the folks at Bogie’s who helped make everything run smoothly.
And especially....... All you Rockers who come to these gigs and share your wonderful energy and keep rockin' with WWB. You make these shows possible and delightful!
WWB thanks those of you who came to the show!!!!!
| WWB May 2008 | WWB April 2008 | WWB March 2008 | WWB February 2008 | WWB January 2008 | WWB December 2007 | WWB November 2007 | WWB October 2007 | WWB September 2007 | WWB August 2007 | WWB July 2007 | WWB June 2007 | WWB May 2007 | WWB April 2007 | WWB January 2007 | WWB 2006 | WWB July 2008 | WWB August 2008 | WWB September 2008 | WWB November 2008 | WWB December 2008 | WWB January 2009 | WWB February 2009 | WWB March 2009 | WWB April 2009 | WWB June 2009 | WWB July 2009 | WWB August 2009 | WWB November 2009 | WWB December 2009 | WWB Guests | WWB January 2010 | WWB February 2010 | WWB March 2010 | WWB April 2010 | WWB May 2010 | WWB June 2010 | WWB February 2007 | WWB March 2007 | WWB July 2010 | WWB September 2010 | WWB October 2010 | WWB November 2010 | WWB December 2010 | WWB January 2011 | WWB February 2011 | WWB June 2011 | WWB July 2011 | WWB September 2011 | WWB October 2011 | WWB January 2012 | WWB February 2012 | WWB March 2012 | WWB May 2012 | WWB May 2012 2 | WWB June 2012 | WWB August 2012 | WWBOctober2012 | WWB November 2012 | WWBDecember2012 | WWBJanuary2013 | WWBFebruary2013 | WWBApril2013 | WWBApril26-2013 | WWBJune222013 | WWB August24 2013 | WWB October11 2013 | WWB November16 2013 | WWBNovember302013 | WWBDecember212013 | WWBJanuary252014 | WWBMarch292014 | WWBAugust22014 | WWBSeptember192014 | WWBJanuary102015 | WWB August 2015 | WWB March 2016 | WWB January 2018 | WWB August 2018 | WWB February 2019 | WWB September 2019 |
| Special Guests Page 1 | Waddy Wachtel Band Reviews and News | About the Waddy Wachtel Band | Waddy Wachtel Band Videos | Brett Tuggle | Keith Allison | Waddy Wachtel Band Posters 2009 | Waddy Wachtel Band Posters 2010 | Waddy Wachtel Band Posters 2011 | Waddy Wachtel Band Posters 2012 | Waddy Wachtel Band Posters 2013 | Waddy Wachtel Band Posters 2014 | Waddy Wachtel Band Posters 2015 | Waddy Wachtel Band Posters 2016 | Waddy Wachtel Band Posters 2018 |
| Return Home | Discography / Credits / Gigs / Songs | Articles / Interviews | Photos / Videos | Contact | Waddy Wachtel Band | Search | Mailing List |